- F.A. Inderwick and R. A. Roberts, Calendar of Inner Temple Records [1506-1800] (1896-1937), 5 volumes.
Catalogue of the Paintings, Engravings, Serjeants’ Rings, Stained Glass, Sculptures, etc. belonging to the Inner Temple (1915).
- J.B. Williamson, History of the Temple, London (2nd ed., 1925).
- F.D. Mackinnon, The Old Benchers of the Inner Temple by Charles Lamb (1927); Inner Temple Papers(1948).
- H.H.L. Bellot, The Temple (4th ed., 1927).
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments, Inventory of the Historical Monuments in London: the City (1929), pp. 137-147.
- K.A. Esdaile, Temple Church Monuments (1933).
- E.A.P. Hart, The Hall of the Inner Temple (1952).
- Lord Silsoe, The Peculiarities of the Temple (1972).
- R.F. Roxburgh, ‘Lawyers in the New Temple’ (1972) 88 L.Q.R. 414.
- W.R. Prest, The Inns of Court 1590-1640 (1972).
- J.H. Baker, ‘The Inns of Court in 1388’ (1976) 92 L.Q.R. 184; The Legal Profession and the Common Law (1986), Part I; introduction to Readings and Moots at the Inns of Court in the 15th Century, vol. II (105 Selden Soc., 1989); The Third University of England (Selden Soc. lecture, 1990).
- D.Lemmings, Gentlemen and Barristers: the Inns of Court and the English Bar 1680-1730 (1990).
- Various articles in the Inner Temple Yearbook (1987- )
Printed copies of this booklet may be obtained from:
Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
London, EC4Y 7HL
Back to: The Buildings